§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information about the processing of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) The controller pursuant to Art. 4 (7) GDPR is
Kiel-Marketing e. V. / GmbH
Andreas-Gayk-Str. 31B - New Town Hall
Phone: +49 (0)431 - 9 01 62 987
E-mail (e.V. & GmbH): info(at)kiel-sailing-city.de
You can reach our data protection officer at
or our postal address with the addition "the data protection officers"
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions.
This data is processed on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR if your request is related to the fulfillment of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective processing of the inquiries addressed to us in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR or on your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR, if this has been requested.
The contact data will remain with us until you ask us to delete it, revoke your consent to storage or the purpose for data storage no longer applies (e.g. after your request has been processed or a purchase contract has been concluded). Mandatory statutory provisions - in particular retention periods - remain unaffected.
(4) We use service providers who work exclusively on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions to provide the service offered, e.g. to host our systems or operate our IT. These providers have been carefully selected by us and are regularly monitored.
Your data will only be stored by us for as long as it is required for the purposes on which the processing is based. Beyond this, we only store data insofar as we are legally obliged to do so, e.g. due to statutory retention obligations.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights vis-à-vis a controller with regard to your personal data:
- Right of access,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to processing,
- right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
The contact details of the data protection supervisory authorities can be found at the following link
§ 3 Processing of personal data when visiting our website
When using the website for information purposes, i.e. simply viewing it without registering and without providing us with any other information, we process the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. The data described below is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security and must therefore be processed by us. The storage period is 13 months. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (page visited)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- amount of data transferred in each case
- previously visited page
- operating system
- Language and version of the browser software.
§ 4 Other functions and offers on our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested and use other common functions to analyze or market our offers, which are presented in more detail below. For this purpose, you must generally provide additional personal data or we process such additional data that we use to provide the respective services. The aforementioned data processing principles apply to all data processing purposes described here.
(2) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services together with partners. Depending on the service, your data may also be collected by the partners on their own responsibility. You will receive more detailed information when you provide your data or below in the description of the respective offers.
(3) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
Booking offers via booking&more
On our website, you have the option of booking accommodation, experiences and special offers, as well as ordering brochures. For this purpose, we use booking software provided by feratel media technologies AG, Maria-Theresien-Straße 8, 6020 Innsbruck. We have engaged this company as a processor in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR. We provide further information on the processing of your personal data during the booking process.
§ 5 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time by post to Kiel-Marketing e. V. / GmbH, Andreas-Gayk-Str. 31B - Neues Rathaus, 24103 Kiel or by e-mail to datenschutz(at)kiel-marketing.de. Such a revocation affects the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have expressed it to us. The permissibility of the processing of your data up to the time of your revocation remains unaffected.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case if, in particular, the processing is not necessary for the performance of a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data in the way we do. In the event of your objection, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. The best way to object to advertising is to use the contact details provided above.
§ 6 Processing of data from your end devices
(1) In addition to the above-mentioned data, we use technical tools for various functions when you use our website, in particular cookies, which may be stored on your device. When you access our website and at any time thereafter, you have the choice of whether you generally allow cookies to be set or which individual additional functions you would like to select. You can make changes in your browser settings or via our Consent Manager. In the following, we first describe cookies from a technical point of view before going into more detail about your individual choices by describing technically necessary cookies and cookies that you can voluntarily select or deselect.
(2) Cookies are text files or information in a database that are stored on your hard disk and assigned to the browser you are using so that certain information can flow to the location that sets the cookie. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer, but are primarily used to make the website faster and more user-friendly. This website uses the following types of cookies, whose function and legal basis are explained below:
- Transient cookies: Such cookies, especially session cookies, are automatically deleted when the browser is closed or by logging out. They contain a so-called session ID. This allows various requests from your browser to be assigned to the joint session and your computer can be recognized when you return to our website.
- Persistent cookies: These are automatically deleted after a specified period, which varies depending on the cookie. You can view the cookies set and the duration at any time in your browser settings and delete the cookies manually.
- Other technologies: These functions are not based on cookies, but on similar technical mechanisms, such as Flash cookies, HTML5 objects or an analysis of your browser settings. As a result, we can also use the technologies described below. Here, too, you can of course consent or object]
(3) Mandatory functions that are technically necessary to display the website: The technical structure of the website requires us to use techniques, in particular cookies. Without these technologies, our website cannot be displayed (completely correctly) or the support functions could not be enabled. These are basically transient cookies that are deleted at the end of your visit to the website, at the latest when you close your browser. You cannot deselect these cookies if you wish to use our website. The individual cookies can be seen in the Consent Manager.
(4) Optional cookies if you have given your consent: We only set various cookies after you have given your consent, which you can select via the so-called cookie consent tool when you first visit our website. The functions are only activated if you give your consent and can be used in particular to enable us to analyze and improve visits to our website, to make it easier for you to use different browsers or end devices, to recognize you when you visit us again or to place advertising (possibly also to tailor advertising to your interests, measure the effectiveness of advertisements or show interest-based advertising).
You can withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
The functions we use, which you can select and revoke individually via the Consent Manager, are described below.
§ 7 Newsletter
(1) You can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers, by giving your consent. The advertised goods and services are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the so-called double opt-in procedure to subscribe to our newsletter. This means that after you have registered, we will send you an email to the email address provided in which we ask you to confirm that you are the owner of the email address provided and that you wish to receive the notifications. If you do not confirm your registration within 30 days, your information will be automatically deleted. In addition, we store the IP addresses you use and the times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, via the newsletter registration form on this website, by e-mail to info (at) kiel-sailing-city.de or by sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint.
(5) In addition, you can also give your consent for us to evaluate your user behavior when sending the newsletter. For this analysis, the emails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which are single-pixel image files stored on our website. For the evaluations, we link the data mentioned above [in § 3] and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Links received in the newsletter also contain this ID. We use the data obtained in this way to create a user profile in order to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. We record when you read our newsletters, which links you click on and deduce your personal interests from this. [This does not currently take place: we link this data to actions you take on our website.]
You can object to this tracking at any time by using the "Change data" link provided in every email, by completing and submitting the relevant online form or by informing us via another contact method as described above. The information will be stored for as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter. After unsubscribing, we store the data purely statistically and anonymously.
Statistical analysis through Matomo Analytics
Kiel-Marketing uses the open source software Matomo Analytics for the statistical analysis of its websites. Cookies are used for this purpose. The information obtained about website usage is transmitted exclusively to our servers and summarized in pseudonymous usage profiles. We use the data to evaluate the use of the website. The data collected is not passed on to third parties.
The IP addresses are anonymized (IP masking) so that it is not possible to assign them to individual users and the data is processed on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR. In doing so, we are pursuing our legitimate interest in optimizing our website for our external presentation, and you can revoke your consent at any time by deleting the cookies in your browser or changing your data protection settings. Please note that if you delete the cookies in your browser settings, this may result in the opt-out cookie also being deleted and you may have to reactivate it.
Further information on data security in connection with Matomo Analytics can be found here: https://matomo.org/privacy/.
For hoteliers and private landlords, we offer the possibility on our website to post their availability and occupancy times of the accommodations listed on our booking&more booking platform, as well as their daily updated prices. This is done via a so-called partner login in the footer area of our website.
§ 8 Our presence on social networks
(1) We have various presences on social media platforms. We operate these presences with the following providers: Facebook (Meta), Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn.
Processed data types: Contact data (e.g. email, telephone numbers); Content data (e.g. entries in online forms); Usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times); Meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
Data subjects: Users (e.g. website visitors, users of social media platforms).
Purposes of processing: Contact requests and communication; feedback (e.g. collecting feedback via online form); marketing.
The legal basis for the processing of your data on the social media platforms is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Twitter: Social network; service provider: Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin 2 D02 AX07, Ireland; parent company: Twitter Inc, 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA;
Data protection information: https://twitter.com/privacy,
Facebook: Social network; Service provider: Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland; parent company: Meta Platforms Inc, Menlo Park, California, USA.
Facebook data policy: https: //www.facebook.com/policy
Information on Page Insights https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/information_about_page_insights_data
Data protection information: https: //www.facebook.com/about/privacy Standard contractual clauses: https://www.facebook.com/legal/EU_data_transfer_addendum
Instagram: Social network; service provider: Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland; parent company: Meta Platforms Inc, Menlo Park, California, USA.
LinkedIn: Social network; Service provider: LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland;
Option to object (opt-out): https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
Order processing contract: https: //legal.linkedin.com/dpa
The regulations for internal processing of Page Insights at LinkedIn can be found at https://legal.linkedin.com/pages-joint-controller-addendum
(2) We use the technical platform and services of the providers for these information services. We would like to point out that you use our presence on social media platforms and their functions on your own responsibility. This applies in particular to the use of interactive functions (e.g. commenting, sharing, rating). When you visit our websites, the providers of the social media platforms collect, among other things, your IP address and other information that is stored on your device in the form of cookies. This information is used to provide us, as the operator of the accounts, with statistical information about the interaction with us.
(3) The data collected about you in this context is processed by the platforms and may be transferred to countries outside the European Union, in particular the USA. The USA is considered by the European Court of Justice to be a country with a level of data protection that is currently inadequate by EU standards. This could result in risks for users because, for example, it may be more difficult to enforce their own rights. According to their own statements, all of the aforementioned providers maintain an adequate level of data protection that corresponds to that of the former EU-US Privacy Shield and we have concluded the standard data protection clauses with the companies (with the exception of Xing, as this provider is based within the EU). We do not know how the social media platforms use the data from your visit to our account and interaction with our posts for their own purposes, how long this data is stored and whether data is passed on to third parties. Data processing may differ depending on whether you are registered and logged in to the social network or whether you visit the site as a non-registered and/or non-logged-in user. When you access a post or the account, the IP address assigned to your end device is transmitted to the provider of the social media platform. If you are currently logged in as a user, a cookie on your device can be used to track how you have moved around the network. Buttons integrated into websites enable the platforms to record your visits to these websites and assign them to your respective profile. This data can be used to tailor content or advertising to you. If you wish to avoid this, you should log out or deactivate the "stay logged in" function, delete the cookies on your device and restart your browser.
(5) To exercise your rights as a data subject, you can contact us or the provider of the social media platform. If one party is not responsible for responding or must receive the information from the other party, we or the provider will then forward your request to the respective partner. Please contact the operator of the social media platform directly for questions about profiling and the processing of your data when using the website. If you have any questions about the processing of your interaction with us on our site, please write to the contact details provided by us above [see under § 1 (2)].
(6) What information the social media platform receives and how it is used is described by the providers in their data protection notices. There you will also find information about contact options and the settings options for advertisements.
§ Section 9 Applications
The controller collects and processes the personal data of applicants for the purpose of handling the application process. This data is processed on the basis of Section 26 (1) sentence 1 BDSG (decision on the establishment of an employment relationship).
For this purpose, we work together with the online service FEL, which distributes the job advertisements of Kiel-Marketing GmbH/e.V. in various application portals. FEL receives access to applicant data and forwards it to Kiel-Marketing. There is an ADV between FEL and Kiel-Marketing.
If the controller does not conclude an employment contract with the applicant, the application documents will be deleted five months after notification of rejection, unless deletion conflicts with any other legitimate interests of the controller. Other legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR may, for example, be a burden of proof in proceedings under the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG). Please do not send us any photos, information on marital status or other sensitive data. If your application is sent to us by e-mail without encryption, it cannot be ruled out that a third party could gain access to the content of your e-mail. If you feel that sending your application by e-mail is not secure enough, please send us your application documents by post.
§ 10 Competitions
You can find our data protection information for competitions here.
§ 11 Up-to-dateness
This data protection notice was last updated on 24.05.2023. However, we would like to point out that it may be necessary to revise this data protection notice from time to time due to actual or legal changes.